Monday, June 21, 2010

The Seasons of the Soul

As the seasons surrender to the change of time
And the colors of nature inspire poetic rhyme
My thoughts return back to You my Beloved once again
Who captures my heart and saves me from sin.

While worldly pleasures around me allure
And tempt me to things unsafe and impure;
I cling ever tightly to Your Spririt within
Who will strengthen me against any temptation to sin.

The ways of this world can oft lead astray
The soul desiring to please You each and every day.
It takes but a moment to lose sight of one's goal;
Which is eternal happiness for the God fearing soul.

Therefore carefully I'll dress myself
with the armor of prayer
And stand up against Satan and tell others: "beware".
For Satan is crafty and can work deep within;
Making appear as virture. what really is sin


(c)2010 Joy Pachowicz

No comments:

Post a Comment